MAG 256 Crashing/Locking UP.

Infomir Common
Rustynuts007

MAG 256 Crashing/Locking UP.

Postby Rustynuts007 » 02 Sep 2017, 15:11

Hi

I have a Mag 256 with a Manufacturers date of 12-01-2017, I only bought it in July and its been fine up until 2 ish weeks ago. It randomly crashed/locks up to a black screen and is totally unresponsive. The only way to get it working again is to pull the power supply and reboot it. The box also get quite warm for what it is.

Iv trolled the internet looking for help and advice and tried pretty much everything.

*New HDMI cable
*Every resolution setting the box offers
*Pal and NTSC settings
*Factory Reset via BIOS
*Swapped the Original US power adapter for a UK one
*HDMI direct to the TV instead of my switch
*Moved the box away from other devices

Originally the box would crash on us at least 5-6 times a day but since I swapped the power supply to a UK specific plug instead of the supplied US one the random crashes reduced to as little as 1 a day, I think the longest time without a lock up has been 4 hours. We literally only watch the TV after 6pm and on weekends due to works etc. so its not really exactable.

There is defo a Heat/Power issue with this box, Iv tried contacting the supplier I purchased it off but they have basically told me to jog on as they only offer a 14 day returns policy.

So here I am, looking for help and advice on how to fix this box.

Thanks for reading.

Nathan

actarus808

Re: MAG 256 Crashing/Locking UP.

Postby actarus808 » 06 Oct 2017, 01:56

Hi,

I have the same issue, my mag 256 freezes daily and I can’t fix it, have you found a way to solve it?
Thanks

maho

Re: MAG 256 Crashing/Locking UP.

Postby maho » 05 Nov 2017, 09:21

Hi

I am experiencing the same issues with my MAG256 bought in September 2017. Freezing/Locking several times an hour streaming with black screen and I need to pull power plug to recover.

Please provide info on how to resolve or what information we can provide to debug this issue.

Thanks

Return to “Infomir Common”