Mag 322w1 WiFi adapter compatibility

STB MAG - 245/250 • 254/255 • 270/275
Logh

Mag 322w1 WiFi adapter compatibility

Postby Logh » 24 Sep 2018, 22:02

Hi,

I own two Mag 322w1 devices and I'm looking to extend the Wi-Fi capabilities.
Since the built in chipset only support 2.4GHz Wifi, I'm looking to buy a USB Wi-Fi dongle since the speed and throughput I'm getting on my 2.4-network is not good enough.

I'm looking at the supported list available here:
https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/set-top-box/stb-linux-webkit/embedded-portal/wifi-wireless-access

When browsing through the list most of the listed adapters are either outdated, obsolete or not available for purchase.
Secondly, seems very hard to find a compatbile dongle that supports the 5GHz band.

Are you able to provide a more updated list? For example, a quite popular device seems to be the "D-Link DWA‑172".
Is that compatible with the Mag 322w1?

Many thanks in advance!

Infomir

Re: Mag 322w1 WiFi adapter compatibility

Postby Infomir » 03 Oct 2018, 07:52

Hi,

I own two Mag 322w1 devices and I'm looking to extend the Wi-Fi capabilities.
Since the built in chipset only support 2.4GHz Wifi, I'm looking to buy a USB Wi-Fi dongle since the speed and throughput I'm getting on my 2.4-network is not good enough.

I'm looking at the supported list available here:
https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/set-top-box ... ess-access

When browsing through the list most of the listed adapters are either outdated, obsolete or not available for purchase.
Secondly, seems very hard to find a compatbile dongle that supports the 5GHz band.

Are you able to provide a more updated list? For example, a quite popular device seems to be the "D-Link DWA‑172".
Is that compatible with the Mag 322w1?

Many thanks in advance!
Dear Logh,

We received your request and have sent it to the Infomir Help Desk. A response will be sent to your specified e-mail.

Thank you for contacting us!

Return to “Linux Webkit STB”